Pulled Jackfruit Taco
BBQ Pulled Jackfruit Taco, an absolute favorite in our home! Something about the sweet and tangy barbecue sauce, spicy salsa and creamy guacamole dancing on our taste buds has us coming back for more. We are always playing around with this recipe, toppings, sauces and even the shell! The great thing about this recipe (like all of our recipes) is its just a guideline to get your creative juices flowing!
Hard or Soft
This this the great debate in our home, with one half of the house being gluten free, we always go corn tortilla. However, the crunch factor is HEATED topic. Luckily the recipe works perfectly both ways, but just for fun let’s look at the stone cold facts.
Hard Taco Benefits:
- You can get the standing ones
- They are crunchy
- They taste kinda like corn chips
Soft Taco Benefits:
- Less messy
- Better ratio of shell to topics
- Those delicious ends
- Bigger Tacos
So by sheer numbers alone, it seems pretty clear that soft tacos are far superior, but we’ll let you be the judge of that.
- Make sure you remove the core from the jackfruit
- If you want to use the core as filler, shred it thin
- Low and Slow in a bath of BBQ sauce is the ideal way to cook jackfruit