Vegan Alfredo Sauce
Vegan Alfredo Sauce is a yummy, rich and healthy alternative to your favorite cream sauce. With a base of sneaky hidden vegetables, it’s the perfect alternative to fattening dairy sauces for any household. This vegan Alfredo sauce will impress vegans and meat eaters a like!
Before going vegan, we were never big on making our own Alfredo sauce. It was so expensive to buy the crude ingredients like cheese and cream. Just to use them all for one sauce. Plus, that’s a lot of time to spend on just a portion of dinner when the jar of sauce was so convenient. We had NO idea about nutritional nightmare that is jarred Alfredo sauce or the ease in which you could whip up a tasty vegan version!
So we decided to make an easy step by step guide to help you make a quick and easy sauce that you can feel good about! The base of potato and onion make a multilevel flavor experience. Adding coconut milk and thickening on the stove really takes this Vegan Alfredo Sauce to the next level.
Tips and Tricks
- Taste the vegan alfredo sauce as you go, tasting to make sure the flavor is exactly how you want it
- It’s easiest to play around with spices while your sauce is still in the blender, it makes mixing so much easier
- If your sauce isn’t tasting quite right, start by adding a little more yeast and salt
- Keep an eye on the colour, if you want a more traditional off white alfredo colour. Add more smoked paprika
- Stir frequently over heat to avoid the sauce from thickening on the bottom of the pan
We hope you love this quick, easy and delicious sauce as much as we do and we definitely will be adding more recipes that feature it!